Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Logics to be looked at

I am preparing an estimates tool. I have 5 different products and each has 2
types of deliverables, RN and UG.
In a table we have estimates for each product individually.
Now, i am looking for a formula which has to first see the product, then the
severity of the defect, lookup the estimated hours and multiply the no. of
defects/pages with the estimates and give. Any suggestion?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For the amount of conditions you have, you'll need to use the SUMPRODUCT
function. However, without examples of your data, or more detail, I'm afraid
I'm not sure what exact structure you need. Perhaps something like
=SUMPRODUCT((ProductRange="toaster")*(SeverityRang e="Severitylookingfor")*(EstimatedHoursRange)*(Def ectCountRange))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Sri Harsha" wrote:

I am preparing an estimates tool. I have 5 different products and each has 2
types of deliverables, RN and UG.
In a table we have estimates for each product individually.
Now, i am looking for a formula which has to first see the product, then the
severity of the defect, lookup the estimated hours and multiply the no. of
defects/pages with the estimates and give. Any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ok
I have 5 products Affinity, Quantim, QES, Interlink and COPE. For each
product we have estimates. Example is stated below.

Interlink
Estimations for
Severity RN User Guide

Low 1 hour 2 hours
Medium 2 hours 3 hours
High 3 hours 4 hours

I have created a table which has drop downs to chose the product, Severity,
Type of Document. Now based on the selection made, i want the number of
defects to multiple with the estimates provied in the respective product
table.

For Ex: If i select Interlink as a product and say Medium severity 10
Defects for RN document, it has to return 20 hrs as an estimate.

Is this possible with one formula? I am fine if we can split this to a
couple of steps also. Pls suggest.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.