Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Truncating data in drop down list

I recently created a drop down list with the source data in a seperate tab.
I highlighted all cells in the range and defined a name; the drop down list
works. However, it keeps truncating the last data row from the list. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you use a dynamic range name?

If you did, then I'd bet that you have a mistake in the formula you used

or

Your formula depends on the count of items in that column (or range) and you
have an empty cell in that range.

If this doesn't help, maybe you could explain what truncate means here.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by 'truncate'?
You don't see it even if you scroll down?

Make sure your NAME covers all the cells in the range.

-------------------------------------
Pl. click ''''Yes'''' if this was helpful...

"Nightrain" wrote:

I recently created a drop down list with the source data in a seperate tab.
I highlighted all cells in the range and defined a name; the drop down list
works. However, it keeps truncating the last data row from the list. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. Named range doesn't contain the last cell in the list.
2. Named range has had an item added to it without redefining range.
3. If you are using a formula for dynamically naming this range, there is an
error in the formula. Is data in last cell of a different type from that
above, for instance?

Paul

"Nightrain" wrote in message
I recently created a drop down list with the source data in a seperate tab.
I highlighted all cells in the range and defined a name; the drop down
list
works. However, it keeps truncating the last data row from the list. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The obvious question...............

Are you sure that row is included in the named range?

Otherwise, I cannot replicate the problem in 2003 or 2007

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:45:03 -0700, Nightrain
wrote:

I recently created a drop down list with the source data in a seperate tab.
I highlighted all cells in the range and defined a name; the drop down list
works. However, it keeps truncating the last data row from the list. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What I meant by "truncating" was the fact that I entered 42 rows of data into
the accepted range but only 41 rows of data would actually show in the drop
down list. However, I think I solved my own question anyways, thanks for the
replies.

"Nightrain" wrote:

I recently created a drop down list with the source data in a seperate tab.
I highlighted all cells in the range and defined a name; the drop down list
works. However, it keeps truncating the last data row from the list. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could post how you think you solved the problem, please.

Gord