Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pyramid calculate

How do I calculate a pyramid using existing formels in exel. Exampel if the
pyramid is 10x10 m² and 45˚, and I want to find out m² wall surface.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is not an Excel specific question but if I recall my school studies, in
case of a 45˚ pyramid the formula is
=(2*A1^2)/SQRT(2)+A1^2 (=241,4213562)

10 being in A1

Sorry if I made a mistake!

Regards,
Stefi

Michel Norway ezt *rta:

How do I calculate a pyramid using existing formels in exel. Exampel if the
pyramid is 10x10 m² and 45˚, and I want to find out m² wall surface.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for right answer!!!
Sorry I put the question in wrong group!
Still, if 45˚ is 30˚ or something else. (Excuse my english) How can I do that?

Stefi skrev:

This is not an Excel specific question but if I recall my school studies, in
case of a 45˚ pyramid the formula is
=(2*A1^2)/SQRT(2)+A1^2 (=241,4213562)

10 being in A1

Sorry if I made a mistake!

Regards,
Stefi

Michel Norway ezt *rta:

How do I calculate a pyramid using existing formels in exel. Exampel if the
pyramid is 10x10 m² and 45˚, and I want to find out m² wall surface.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.easycalculation.com/area/pyramid.php
stefi

Michel Norway ezt *rta:

Stefi skrev:

This is not an Excel specific question but if I recall my school studies, in
case of a 45˚ pyramid the formula is
=(2*A1^2)/SQRT(2)+A1^2 (=241,4213562)

10 being in A1

Sorry if I made a mistake!

Regards,
Stefi

Michel Norway ezt *rta:

How do I calculate a pyramid using existing formels in exel. Exampel if the
pyramid is 10x10 m² and 45˚, and I want to find out m² wall surface.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Still, if 45˚ is 30˚ or something else...how can I do that?

I believe this is the equation. x is the side, and d is the angle in
Degrees.

=x^2*(1+SQRT(1+TAN(RADIANS(d))^2))

If x=10, and d=45, then I get the same answer 241,4213562

HTH
Dana DeLouis