Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Drawing an Age Pyramid

How do I draw a gender-disaggregated age pyramid using MS Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"edward" skrev i en meddelelse
How do I draw a gender-disaggregated age pyramid using MS Excel

Edward

Maybe Insert Diagram

is, what you need.

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Tornado chart maybe?

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...ado/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng3.htm

Cheers
Andy

How do I draw a gender-disaggregated age pyramid using MS Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you search using Google on "population pyramid excel", you'll find more
than plenty of sites with detailed instructions.
The first hit on the list is the site I recommend when teaching Excel
courses to official statistics people:

http://www-agecon.ag.ohio-state.edu/...zalez/pyramid/

An Excel file with instructions and a slightly more "dressed up" example I
just found is at

http://www.healthinformation.on.ca/p...ion%20line.XLT

A rather carefully crafted dynamic version (Eurostat projection 2004-2051)
with slider control (based on examples by Prof. Erich Neuwirth from Vienna)
is at

http://www.mf.uni-lj.si/ibmi-english...20042051.xl s

(though it's in Slovenian, which is the second smallest official EU language
and one of the world's most "difficult" languages, at least judged by
entropy and similar complexity measures, everything should be
understandable; the "workings" are in hidden sheets).

Best regards,

Gaj Vidmar

(indulging in newsgroups on sick leave after surgery, so taking some
symbolic rest from work by not including my employer in the signature :)