Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying conditional format in a range of cells in excel 2007

I want to compare actual values with planned using a simple cell rules.
e.g If actual cell value = planned cell value go green and if not red.

This works fine for one cell but when I use paste special (format) for the
rest of the range the refernce is always the 1st planned value. I can't seem
to get rid of the $c$4 format and make it c4 because whenever I delete the $
symbol, excel puts it back.

Surely I don't have to do each cell one at a time?!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I always find that easiest way to set the conditional format is to select the
entire range that it is to be applied to and then when setting the condition
set it as if it applies to the first cell of the selected range only and then
Excel looks after the rest.

However, Copy - Paste Special - Formats usually also works for me. I don't
understand why the absolute addressing with the $ signs is replacing relative
referencing. Are you simply using standard equals and not equals for the
required formats?

OssieMac