Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying a range adjacent to Conditional Format - CF Rule adds to P

Microsoft really knows how to make easy, simple things worse. Although
Conditional Formatting (CF) was limited in older versions, it worked well.
The CF in 2007 is not only more difficult, but I think it has a severe flaw.

I have a 2 range of cells in a 2 columns - CF1 and CF2. CF1 is formated
based off of Cell A1, CF2 based off Cell A2. Whenever I copy CF Column 1 and
paste it adjacent to CF column 2, the CF from the CF Column 2 adds on to the
pasted CF column 1. At first I did not notice anything, but when I did, I
found I had multiple rules piled up due to all the copying and pasting.
These rules piled up because the rule from the adjacent Column Adds to the
pasted area. How stupid is this. I dont want my CF to bleed over into
preCFed areas. I want it right where I put it. Perhaps an insert, but not a
paste.

Generally I am open to improvements, but there is no way around this. I
have tried many ways to avoid this, but can't. In fact there are posts saying
"This is not a bug - This is the way it is supposed to work". It may not be
a bug, but it isn't right.

This does not even follow traditional Formula Copy/Paste guidelines. If I
insert a row/column at the end of a =Sum(xx:xx) formula, it does not include
itself in the formula. This is for a good reason - to set boundries for the
rule.

However - that does not apply here. Some consistancy please.

Amazingly I do not see many other posts on this. Maybe because I am missing
something. Can someone enlighten me?

Please Microsoft - FIX this!