Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional format copying

Is there a way to copy and paste conditional formatting in the same way that
I copy and paste formula's? (Where Excel changes the cell references
automatically for the row or rows to which the formula is copied.)

I have tried to copy and paste-special (with just the formatting box
checked) and although it copies the conditional format and formula ok; the
cell references within the formula are incorrect for that new row(s).

It seems to increase the column value be one letter. (ie... from L10 to M10)

There are 500 rows to this spread sheet, and although I could write a
conditional formatting statement for each of the cells, it seems that there
should be a faster way.

Hopefully I've worded my request correctly. If not this is what I'm trying
to do:

cell A1=CRT1

cell B1= normally blank, but will display "date check" from a calculation &
an if
statement based on information in only that row

When B1=date check , conditionally change A1 format to yellow background.

Is there a way to repeat this process without all the typing.

Thanks in advance.

metro
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In either the regular formulas or the conditional format formulas, any
reference can be "anchored down" by placing a $ in front of the row letter or
the column number:

$L10 to anchor the column (L)
L$10 to anchor the row (10)
$L$10 to anchor both

I use the format painter (paintbrush in the toolbar) to apply a conditional
format from one cell to others.

HTH, but if I'm stating the obvious let me know.

"metro" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi andy62,

Thanks for responding. I'm self taught Excel and didn't realize this was
possible. I'll exaimine what you're saying tomorrow when I'm a little more
awake, and let you know how I made out or if I need more information.

Thanks,

metro

"metro" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi andy62,

Thankyou for the assistance. It worked just fine; I also didn't know about
the format paint brush, it wasn't on my tool bar. But it is now.

Thanks again.

metro