Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combine HLOOKUP and MATCH

Hi again,

Step two in my crazy worksheet

The following function returns a N/A

=HLOOKUP(B7,'Building Details'!$A$2:$R$24,MATCH(B11,'Building Details'!
$A$2:$R$2,0))

What I am trying to accomplish is Excel to put in the number that it
finds when crossreferencing B7 and B11

E.G. B7 = Building Name B11=Type of Lease

Based upon the Type of Lease the commission amount differs

so, for example if Building A has a Renewal then the commission is 5%
and the 5% are supposed to go in the field where I plucked the above
listed formula.

Thanks so much!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a great resource for Index/Match
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#IndexMatch

HTH,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

" wrote:

Hi again,

Step two in my crazy worksheet

The following function returns a N/A

=HLOOKUP(B7,'Building Details'!$A$2:$R$24,MATCH(B11,'Building Details'!
$A$2:$R$2,0))

What I am trying to accomplish is Excel to put in the number that it
finds when crossreferencing B7 and B11

E.G. B7 = Building Name B11=Type of Lease

Based upon the Type of Lease the commission amount differs

so, for example if Building A has a Renewal then the commission is 5%
and the 5% are supposed to go in the field where I plucked the above
listed formula.

Thanks so much!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think Index is what I am trying to do. But thanks

On Apr 2, 4:16*pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
This is a great resource for Index/Matchhttp://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.htmlhttp://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html#IndexMatch

HTH,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---
If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''..

" wrote:
Hi again,

Step two in my crazy worksheet

The following function returns a N/A

=HLOOKUP(B7,'Building Details'!$A$2:$R$24,MATCH(B11,'Building Details'!
$A$2:$R$2,0))

What I am trying to accomplish is Excel to put in the number that it
finds when crossreferencing B7 and B11

E.G. B7 = Building Name B11=Type of Lease

Based upon the Type of Lease the commission amount differs

so, for example if Building A has a Renewal then the commission is 5%
and the 5% are supposed to go in the field where I plucked the above
listed formula.

Thanks so much!!- Hide quoted text -