Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Look up field and auto fill the rest

Hi there,

I am wondering what the best way to go about the following scenario
is.

I have three different worksheets in my workbook
Sheet 1 is my input sheet
Sheet 2 is my analysis sheet (analyses everything that is put in Sheet
1)
Sheet 3 is my Building information sheet

Sheet 3 contains a table with different buildings and their
information:
For example
A: Building Name
B: Rental Rate
C: Square Footage
D: Commission

I created a lookup field in my input sheet where only Building names
listed on Sheet 3 can be chosen.

I would like for sheet 1 to automatically grab Rental Rate, Square
Footage, Commission and fill in those fields based upon the selection
of the building name.
I have a total of about 20 Buildings that I would like to enter.
Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Edit: It was not a lookup but a drop down that allows to select
building names.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

Assume your data on Sheet3 is in the range A2:D50

A2 on the Input sheet holds the drop down

Enter this formula in B2:

=VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet3!$A$2:$D$50,COLUMNS($A2:B2),0)

Copy across to D2

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
Hi there,

I am wondering what the best way to go about the following scenario
is.

I have three different worksheets in my workbook
Sheet 1 is my input sheet
Sheet 2 is my analysis sheet (analyses everything that is put in Sheet
1)
Sheet 3 is my Building information sheet

Sheet 3 contains a table with different buildings and their
information:
For example
A: Building Name
B: Rental Rate
C: Square Footage
D: Commission

I created a lookup field in my input sheet where only Building names
listed on Sheet 3 can be chosen.

I would like for sheet 1 to automatically grab Rental Rate, Square
Footage, Commission and fill in those fields based upon the selection
of the building name.
I have a total of about 20 Buildings that I would like to enter.
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP