Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving Auto-Filtered Data (or deleting the rest)

Hi,

I need to either be able to save auto-filtered data (without the rest of the
spreadsheet), or delete the un-dsplayed data.

The best would be able to filter the data, then be able to save the filtered
data into another spreadsheet, go back to the original data, re-filter, then
save into a new spreadsheet.

Currently I am filtering, cut/paste, save - and it is a bit tedious as I
have to do this multiple times a few times a month.

Any easy way to do this? Can I make a macro that isn't spreadsheet specific
so that I have this function available to me on all spreadsheets? Any help
or suggestions would be great.

To note - I don't know a thing about macros..... so a step by step process
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the suggestion - that does work - but is not optimal (as there are
over 3500 other lines to delete). I know that I mentioned deleting in my
initial post but now that I am looking into it more - the option I am looking
for is to save the filtered data to a new workbook.

CH53 wrote:

Hi,

I need to either be able to save auto-filtered data (without the rest of the
spreadsheet), or delete the un-dsplayed data.

The best would be able to filter the data, then be able to save the filtered
data into another spreadsheet, go back to the original data, re-filter, then
save into a new spreadsheet.

Currently I am filtering, cut/paste, save - and it is a bit tedious as I
have to do this multiple times a few times a month.

Any easy way to do this? Can I make a macro that isn't spreadsheet specific
so that I have this function available to me on all spreadsheets? Any help
or suggestions would be great.

To note - I don't know a thing about macros..... so a step by step process
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc