Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I have Excel determine what the last digit is in a series?

Hi all,

I am trying to have excel determine what the last digit is in a 9 digit
series of numbers to apply basic encryption to said series of 9 digit numbers.

Is there a way that Excel can recognize whether the last digit is a 1 or 2,
etc...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=--RIGHT(A1,1)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200842

"BinaryOrc" wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to have excel determine what the last digit is in a 9 digit
series of numbers to apply basic encryption to said series of 9 digit numbers.

Is there a way that Excel can recognize whether the last digit is a 1 or 2,
etc...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

While there is nothing wrong with Gary's answer, here is alternatives
=MOD(A1,10) will return the last digit of the number in A1

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP