Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to determine if a series of numbers contain odd or even values

I have lists of numbers that have a unique serial number. I would like to
delete the rows that contain EVEN serial numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If they are NUMBERS, check if exactly divisible by 2

e.g. =IF(MOD(A1,2)=0,"delete","keep")

You could filter on "Delete" and then delete these rows

HTH

"Kittysaid" wrote:

I have lists of numbers that have a unique serial number. I would like to
delete the rows that contain EVEN serial numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If they are a mixture of letters and numbers then you could just
examine the final digit:

=IF(MOD(RIGHT(A1,1),2)=0,"delete","keep")

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Kittysaid" wrote:

I have lists of numbers that have a unique serial number. I would like to
delete the rows that contain EVEN serial numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With ATP installed:

=ISEVEN(A1)

And copy down.

Filter on and delete the "True" rows.

If serial numbers are alpha-numeric, try:

=ISEVEN(RIGHT(A1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Kittysaid" wrote in message
I have lists of numbers that have a unique serial number. I would like to
delete the rows that contain EVEN serial numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to determine if a series of numbers contain odd or even va

Hi kitty you are quite tricky...the guys gave a lot but no reply...Guys,
look for help about meaning of "delete the rows that contain EVEN serial
numbers"...Type on cell A1:=row(a1)=1
A2:=ROW(a2)=2
how to delete a standard excel row???

"Kittysaid" wrote in message
I have lists of numbers that have a unique serial number. I would like to
delete the rows that contain EVEN serial numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This answer was the easiest and most helpful. The MOD answer worked, but
this is the easiest to remember. I added this to a macro, so I can use it
whenever I am filtering data by serial number.