Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to SUM on a condition?

I have two columns A & B which are filled with x rows of numbers.

I have a cell C1 where I show a Total which should basically SUM up the
values in the two columns but there's one special conidtion:

if the value in column A is 0, I only want the sum to use that value,
otherwise use the value in column B.

How can I do this using just excel functions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You simply have to sum column B I.e. =sum(B3:B50)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com