Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kfs kfs is offline

Default How in the world!????

Okay.. I have a table that has... say.. 30 cells.
22 of the cells have data in them.
How can I have a TOTAL cell that tells me how many cells have data in them?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

To count numbers & text in a range
=COUNTA(A1:C7)

to count numbers in a range
=COUNTA(A1:C7)

to count text in a range

=COUNTA(A1:C7)-COUNT(A1:C7)

Mike

to count text in a range

"kfs" wrote:

Okay.. I have a table that has... say.. 30 cells.
22 of the cells have data in them.
How can I have a TOTAL cell that tells me how many cells have data in them?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If, by the way, you are asking this question because you plan to average the
number (sum divided by number of values), you would want to use the AVERAGE
function for that; for example...

=AVERAGE(A1:A100)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"kfs" wrote in message
Okay.. I have a table that has... say.. 30 cells.
22 of the cells have data in them.
How can I have a TOTAL cell that tells me how many cells have data in
them?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try COUNTA(A1:A30)
adjust the range to yours

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"kfs" wrote:

Okay.. I have a table that has... say.. 30 cells.
22 of the cells have data in them.
How can I have a TOTAL cell that tells me how many cells have data in them?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So what's wrong with being a geek?

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Francis" wrote in message
try COUNTA(A1:A30)
adjust the range to yours

--

"kfs" wrote:

Okay.. I have a table that has... say.. 30 cells.
22 of the cells have data in them.
How can I have a TOTAL cell that tells me how many cells have data in
them?

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bernard Liengme wrote: