Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SamTummo

Default World Cup Competition

Hi guys. Okay this is a tough one, but probably quite easy for you
spreadsheet wizards!

In my new work, me and my colleague are running a 'World Cup Wallchart'
Competition. It will be a nightmare to adminsitrate without a
spreadsheet. This is where I need your help.

Each entrant will fill in the bbc worldcup wallchart and then hand them
in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl.../wallchart.pdf

I would like a spreadsheet that allows me to fill in every entrants
predictions and then automatically scores the results once I have
inputted the final score.

We would like to score on the following.

1 point for predicting the correct result (win,lose,draw)
2 points for predicting the correct score
2 points for predicting the winner of each group seperately (ie 2
points for predicting winner of group A)
2 points for predicting the runner up of each group
5 points for predicting the 3rd place finisher
5 points for predicting the runner-up
10 points for predicting the winner

Help anyone???

Much appreciated.

My friend sent me to this website, he wrote:

If you were to do it in excel I suggest you ask the question here and
they will help you.
http://www.excelforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You will need to use functions such as IF statements

example if you put the predicted scores in say Column D Row 5 and the
actual score say 2. 0 in Column E row 5 then in Column F row 5 you
could put =IF(D5=E5,2,0) then that would put in your 2 points auto if
correct and 0 points if not.

Once you understand the concept its not too difficult.
You would have to put the group tables in manually and use the vlookup
formula to sort the other equations.

Bit confusing but hope it can set you on the way.

makes no sense to me, can anyone make me one?

Thank you!

--
SamTummo
SamTummo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

how many people ?

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AndyEDB

Hi Sam

Here's a start for you. I've modified it from a sheet from the net. I
reckon
it just about does the job! I've protected it (with no password) so you

can't overwrite the formulas easily. I haven't tested it exhaustively.
There
are 5 players that I've set up but it's easy enough to copy the range
create more. The group winners are part way down and are WA (Winner
Group A), RB (Runner-up Group B) etc.

I usually use OE, so I'm not sure if this reply will appear!

See how it goes!
Good luck.
Andy.

|Filename: Copy of World Cup 2006 Electronic Chart.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4851 |

AndyEDB
AndyEDB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548532