Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with adding times to give the result as the day

Help please! In cell A1 I have displayed MONDAY ,in cell B1 I have time in
HH:mm:ss format, as I enter times in column B I would like to sum the total
and enter the resulting day in column A any help appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you show us a small example and tell us what result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jimbo" wrote in message
Help please! In cell A1 I have displayed MONDAY ,in cell B1 I have time in
HH:mm:ss format, as I enter times in column B I would like to sum the
total
and enter the resulting day in column A any help appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"T. Valko" wrote:

Can you show us a small example and tell us what result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP
Thanks for the reply

Below is a copy rom my worksheet
A B C
MON 02:00:00 07:00:00
? 09:00:00 04:00:00
? 13:00:00 10:00:00
? 23:00:00 24:00:00
? 23:00:00 05:00:00

In cell a1 the start day is entered from a list, c1 is the job length, b2 is the sum of b1+c1 then I would like the day to be displayed in a2.......ax. Hope that makes sense
"Jimbo" wrote in message
Help please! In cell A1 I have displayed MONDAY ,in cell B1 I have time in
HH:mm:ss format, as I enter times in column B I would like to sum the
total
and enter the resulting day in column A any help appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hmmm...

So what's in B1? Is that the starting time?

If A1 is a date formatted to display as Monday, try this in A2:

=A$1+B$1+SUM(C$1:C1)

Format as dddd

Copy down as needed. Based on the sample data these will be the results:

A2 = Monday
A3 = Monday
A4 = Monday
A5 = Tuesday