Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Help with adding times to give the result as the day

Hmmm...

So what's in B1? Is that the starting time?

If A1 is a date formatted to display as Monday, try this in A2:

=A$1+B$1+SUM(C$1:C1)

Format as dddd

Copy down as needed. Based on the sample data these will be the results:

A2 = Monday
A3 = Monday
A4 = Monday
A5 = Tuesday

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jimbo" wrote in message

"T. Valko" wrote:

Can you show us a small example and tell us what result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Below is a copy rom my worksheet
A B C
MON 02:00:00 07:00:00
? 09:00:00 04:00:00
? 13:00:00 10:00:00
? 23:00:00 24:00:00
? 23:00:00 05:00:00

In cell a1 the start day is entered from a list, c1 is the job length, b2
is the sum of b1+c1 then I would like the day to be displayed in
a2.......ax. Hope that makes sense
"Jimbo" wrote in message
Help please! In cell A1 I have displayed MONDAY ,in cell B1 I have time
in
HH:mm:ss format, as I enter times in column B I would like to sum the
total
and enter the resulting day in column A any help appreciated