Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NM NM is offline

Default Link sheet with Condition

Sheet 'A' has cell index till DM200. I want to pull the data from of these
rows in Sheet 'B' only when column DM of that row in sheet A says "PAST".

I do not want to pull rest of the data. The data gets sorted everyday, so
the"PAST" can be in any row of column DM.

Thanks for you help.
NM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To get the value of the cell in Col B in the row which has PAST in that row
in Col D...
Use this in any cell in Col B of any other sheet
=INDEX(A!B:B,MATCH("Past",A!$DM:$DM,0),0)
You can copy this formula to other columns to get values from corresponding
columns from the row having PAST in Col DM on Sheet A

"NM" wrote:

Sheet 'A' has cell index till DM200. I want to pull the data from of these
rows in Sheet 'B' only when column DM of that row in sheet A says "PAST".

I do not want to pull rest of the data. The data gets sorted everyday, so
the"PAST" can be in any row of column DM.

Thanks for you help.
NM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NM NM is offline

Hi Sheloo,

Thanks for your response.
Although when I copy the formula it is giving me all the rows, no matter it
has "PAST" or not.So, if the row 1 does not have "PAST" in cell DM1, it is
still showing up.
eg. In Sheet A,cell DM1 can have 3 entries 0,1,or PAST.So, in sheet B I want
only the rows which have " PAST" in cell DM1.If cell DM1 had 1 or 0, it
should not show up in Sheet B.

I also want to create another sheet C, which pulls data when cell DM1 has
"0". After using your given formula and replacing" PAST" with "0", I get #N/A
error.

Can you please help me.

Thanks!