Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP multiple values

My problem is I work in a muanfacturing plant where we reference shifts in 2
different formats Nights,Earlys & Lates or A,B & C Shift.

I have set up a speadsheet in excel where I download data weekly from
another program for Weekly Scrap, OEE & Downtime Data.

My problem is in the columns reading from the left I have Date & Shift and I
want to use both to lookup against. For example 02.09.08 & Early in the data
set on a seperate sheet I would a Date File in order showing on a particular
Date & Shift it would be C - 02.09.08 Early C.

Pleae help as we work a rotating 3 Shift pattern so If I could link the
shift A,B or C to the database would be a massive help

Thanks
Regards
Jonesy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This site might help you
Two-way lookup
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip020.htm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jonesy" wrote in message
My problem is I work in a muanfacturing plant where we reference shifts in
2
different formats Nights,Earlys & Lates or A,B & C Shift.

I have set up a speadsheet in excel where I download data weekly from
another program for Weekly Scrap, OEE & Downtime Data.

My problem is in the columns reading from the left I have Date & Shift and
want to use both to lookup against. For example 02.09.08 & Early in the
data
set on a seperate sheet I would a Date File in order showing on a
particular
Date & Shift it would be C - 02.09.08 Early C.

Pleae help as we work a rotating 3 Shift pattern so If I could link the
shift A,B or C to the database would be a massive help

Thanks
Regards
Jonesy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tried the website but whatever formula I try doesn't work.

On Worksheet 1 I have Date & Shift and want to create a column which gives
me A, B or C.

Date Shift Ref
12.03.09 EARLY Needs to be A,B or C

On a seperate worksheet in the same workbook I have Date, Shift and A,B,C in
columns.

Date Shift Ref
12.03.09 EARLY C
13.03.09 EARLY C
12.02.09 LATE B

I need to link both together if its possible as on a particular date it
could be A, B or C are EARLY Shift

"Jonesy" wrote in message
My problem is I work in a muanfacturing plant where we reference shifts in
2
different formats Nights,Earlys & Lates or A,B & C Shift.

I have set up a speadsheet in excel where I download data weekly from
another program for Weekly Scrap, OEE & Downtime Data.

My problem is in the columns reading from the left I have Date & Shift and
want to use both to lookup against. For example 02.09.08 & Early in the
data
set on a seperate sheet I would a Date File in order showing on a
particular
Date & Shift it would be C - 02.09.08 Early C.