Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup multiple criteria multiple occurrences sum values

I have a spreadsheet that i need to populate from my source data.

It's kind of hard to explain but i will do my best without you having an
actual example.

it is a very large spreadsheet broken down by region/city/vp etc.

each vp is assigned a region...so i need to be able to pull the values for
individual vp's city etc.

I need a formula that will go into the source file and locate a specified
city of which there can be multiple occurrences...then look to the right of
the city and find a specified job code number of which there can be multiple
occurrences as well then look to the right and up 1 row and find a specified
folder name
and return the value below that folder name. the sum if or sumproduct would
come in when i have a need to add the sums of multiple folders (i.e.,
although i only have the heading for interview i will need the value of the
interview folder added to the selected folder - we did this in order to keep
the headings to a minimum-i think this can be accomplished by using a list.)

Example of data sheet to populate:

inbox interview hire
city: atlanta
job code: 1234

example of source data:

city job code inbox intv sel hire
aberdeen 5487 22 8 5 1
albany 6932 17 11 8 3
atlanta 1587 31 16 9 6
atlanta 9083 14 10 6 4
atlanta 1587 29 20 10 9

Let me know if you need to see an actual example & i can forward you a
snippet of the source data and the worksheet i need populated.

Thanks so much - i am still learning and what i am learning is that i have a
lot to learn...so dummy it down for me please :)