Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup with Multiple criteria and multiple sheets

Hi

I have a worksheet with a summary page like
Column A Customer name
Column B Industry and in colum H I want to return a budget figure based on
the two criteria of Column A & B. The budget figure is in another sheet
where column A & B once again have the customer name and Industry and the
budget figure is in column C. How do I get the figure from the second sheet
in column C using the multiple criteria into the first sheet? hope this
makes sense.

Cinny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$23=Sheet2!A2),--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$23=Sheet2!$B$2)*(Sheet1!$H$2:$H$23 ))

Both formulas on sheet2

Peter

"Cinny" wrote:

Hi

I have a worksheet with a summary page like
Column A Customer name
Column B Industry and in colum H I want to return a budget figure based on
the two criteria of Column A & B. The budget figure is in another sheet
where column A & B once again have the customer name and Industry and the
budget figure is in column C. How do I get the figure from the second sheet
in column C using the multiple criteria into the first sheet? hope this
makes sense.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cinny

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$23=Sheet1!A2),--(Sheet1!B2:B23=Sheet1!B2)*(Sheet1!$H$2:$H$23))

Regards
Peter

"Cinny" wrote:

Hi

I have a worksheet with a summary page like
Column A Customer name
Column B Industry and in colum H I want to return a budget figure based on
the two criteria of Column A & B. The budget figure is in another sheet
where column A & B once again have the customer name and Industry and the
budget figure is in column C. How do I get the figure from the second sheet
in column C using the multiple criteria into the first sheet? hope this
makes sense.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cinny
Insert a column in A to produce a unique reference. In A2 type =B2&C2 and
copy down. Sort the list on reference and use VLOOKUP in the normal way. Your
budget will be in column 9 (I)

Peter

"Cinny" wrote:

Hi

I have a worksheet with a summary page like
Column A Customer name
Column B Industry and in colum H I want to return a budget figure based on
the two criteria of Column A & B. The budget figure is in another sheet
where column A & B once again have the customer name and Industry and the
budget figure is in column C. How do I get the figure from the second sheet
in column C using the multiple criteria into the first sheet? hope this
makes sense.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Billy

thanks for the inforamtion, unfortunately, I can not add the two cells
together because I later on need need to generate an interactive report on
the unique identifier, in addition, the sum product doesn't seem to be right
for me, the result from Sheet 2, column c needs to be in Sheet 1 column h,
which means the formula needs to be entered i assume in sheet 1 column h? Am
I misunderstanding?

Thanks C