Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying cell into another cell but use append

I have two cells A1 with value "A" and B1 with value "B".
How do i get cell B1 to end up with the value "AB",

I have tried concatanate but that need a third cell, are there any
other ways to do this...

gaz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok, say you have a 1 in Cell A1. Type this in cell B1: ="ryan"&A1
The thing between the quotes is a String; Excel recognizes that as a series
of letters.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Garry" wrote:

I have two cells A1 with value "A" and B1 with value "B".
How do i get cell B1 to end up with the value "AB",

I have tried concatanate but that need a third cell, are there any
other ways to do this...

gaz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your entry in B1 is not a static text string (as Ryan's formula
would require), you can use this macro to do what you want...

Sub CombineCellToLeft()
Dim R As Range
For Each R In Selection
R.Value = R.Offset(, -1).Value & R.Value
Next
End Sub

Then just select the right-hand cell (or cells) and run the macro... the
cell to the left of the selected cell (or cells) will be combined with the
selected cell (or cells).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)