caroline

Default need help with excel

I have ten different worksheet. Each week I change the date on these
worksheets as they are timesheet. Am I able to change it in a way that i
change one and the rest change automatically. I presently have to go into
each one individually.
Michael

Hi Caroline
If the date is in the same location on each sheet, simply click on the first
sheet tab, hold down the Shift key and click on the last tab.
Now change your date on the first one, and it should apply this to all sheets.
HTH
Michael

"caroline" wrote:

I have ten different worksheet. Each week I change the date on these
worksheets as they are timesheet. Am I able to change it in a way that i
change one and the rest change automatically. I presently have to go into
each one individually.

Michael

Caroline
You did say ten different worksheets......this usually means 10 sheets on
the same work book.
If they are in 10 different files you will need VBA to solve your problem,
which I can't readily help with. I'm sure there are other users that will
have some code.
I suppose the most obvious question is why are they in 10 different files ???
10 sheets in the one file would be heaps easier

Michael

"caroline" wrote:

I have ten different worksheet. Each week I change the date on these
worksheets as they are timesheet. Am I able to change it in a way that i
change one and the rest change automatically. I presently have to go into
each one individually.

RagDyeR

Right click in the date cell of the first WB,
choose "Copy",

Navigate to the second WB,
Right click in that date cell and choose "Paste Special",
Click on "Paste Link".

You have now created a link between those cells.
Any change to the first cell will be displayed in the second WB.

You can now right click in the *second* cell, choose "Copy",
And navigate to all your other WBs, and simply right click and "Paste",
To copy this formula to all the other cells.
--

HTH,

RD

"caroline" wrote:

I have ten different worksheet. Each week I change the date on these
worksheets as they are timesheet. Am I able to change it in a way that

change one and the rest change automatically. I presently have to go

into
each one individually.

caroline

Dear Michael

You told me to hold down the shift key and click on the last tab. I tried
this and changed the dates and then changed the info. It did not change it
on the other worksheets. Are you able to phone me on 0394848711 so you can
guide me step by step. PLEASE!!!!!