Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Rounding value from millions to decimal places

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you mean

=A1/1000000 & " millions"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry,

I would like to display just 8.5

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

=A1/1000000 & " millions"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Conditional Formatting

0.0,,"Millions"

"Bagia" wrote:

Sorry,

I would like to display just 8.5

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

=A1/1000000 & " millions"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you meant "Custom formatting".
;-)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Try this:

Conditional Formatting

0.0,,"Millions"

"Bagia" wrote:

Sorry,

I would like to display just 8.5

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

=A1/1000000 & " millions"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Custom format:
0.0,,
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Bagia" wrote:

Sorry,

I would like to display just 8.5

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

=A1/1000000 & " millions"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks to everyone who responded. This is exactly what I need. Thank you!

"Luke M" wrote:

Custom format:
0.0,,
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Bagia" wrote:

Sorry,

I would like to display just 8.5

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

=A1/1000000 & " millions"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to round a value that is currently displaying in millions to
a value with decimal places? Example, if my current value is 8,500,000 I
would like to now display it as 8.5 millions

Thank you

Junior Member

Try combining with FIXED function.

EX. 8,500,000 in cell A1

=FIXED(A1/1000000,1,1) --- result (8.5)
=FIXED(A1/1000000,1,1)&" millions" --- result (8.5 millions)

Where A1 is the reference cell divided by 1,000,000 to get it to the decimal point you want, 1 is the number of decimal points you want it cut off to, and 1 indicates that you do not want commas included in the number. You can change the last 1 into 0 and it will include commas. For example if you want to do 8,500.0 you can do =FIXED(A1/1000,1,0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagia View Post