Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Look up in a list of the same text

I have a sheet of a list of customers. The list has the same customers in
many times not just once.

I am trying to find the customers name in the sheet, then tell me what the
information is in the next column, just like in VLOOKUP.

However, once it has given one piece of information, I then need it to look
further down the same column, and find the customers name again, and give me
the information in the next column...and so on...and so on...

Can anybody help or can Excel not do this?

If it can't, can anybody suggest a program that can.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say your list in from A1:b10 and the value you are looking up is in D1
=INDEX($B$1:$B$10,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$10=$D$1,ROW(A$1 :$A$10)),ROW(1:1))
(after copying press ctrl+shift +enter)
and copy the formula down
Mask this formual with if(Iserror ...if needed

"Warren9533" wrote:

I have a sheet of a list of customers. The list has the same customers in
many times not just once.

I am trying to find the customers name in the sheet, then tell me what the
information is in the next column, just like in VLOOKUP.

However, once it has given one piece of information, I then need it to look
further down the same column, and find the customers name again, and give me
the information in the next column...and so on...and so on...

Can anybody help or can Excel not do this?

If it can't, can anybody suggest a program that can.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may want to refer to this link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/ex...260381033.aspx

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Warren9533" wrote in message
I have a sheet of a list of customers. The list has the same customers in
many times not just once.

I am trying to find the customers name in the sheet, then tell me what the
information is in the next column, just like in VLOOKUP.

However, once it has given one piece of information, I then need it to
look
further down the same column, and find the customers name again, and give
me
the information in the next column...and so on...and so on...

Can anybody help or can Excel not do this?

If it can't, can anybody suggest a program that can.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
Transpose flagged Table row items into column items.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5tkjl...03_28_09a.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

I suggest to use my UDF Cfreq: