Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
yadaaa

Default Text retrieve in a list-like WS

Hello all

I want to extract data to a cell from a ws bthat looks like that:

NEWYORK 99999 USA
LA 88888 USA
BERLIN 77777 EUROPE

I have 220 lines like this which is my "database".

I want to be able to punch-in "99999" and that in the next 2 cells it
will give me "NEWYORK" "USA"

Don't know VBA. two left hands and sounds like chinese to me :(

any help?

--
yadaaa
yadaaa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35130

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Hi

With your data in A1:C220 and the value 99999 that you want to lookup
being entered in F1, enter the following formula in G1
=INDEX($A$1:$C$220,MATCH($F1,$B$1:$B$220,0),1)
and in cell H1 enter
=INDEX($A$1:$C$220,MATCH($F1,$B$1:$B$220,0),3)
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"yadaaa" wrote in
message ...

Hello all

I want to extract data to a cell from a ws bthat looks like that:

NEWYORK 99999 USA
LA 88888 USA
BERLIN 77777 EUROPE

I have 220 lines like this which is my "database".

I want to be able to punch-in "99999" and that in the next 2 cells it
will give me "NEWYORK" "USA"

Don't know VBA. two left hands and sounds like chinese to me :(

any help?

--
yadaaa
yadaaa's Profile: