Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count

Is this possible

Date Coach Size
01/03/09 50
02/03/09 15
02/03/09 22
03/03/09 28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.
--
Yamorna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In column C cell C2 put a formula =COUNTIF(A:A,A2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Yamorna" wrote:

Is this possible

Date Coach Size
01/03/09 50
02/03/09 15
02/03/09 22
03/03/09 28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.
--
Yamorna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

How do we know how many coaches are needed for each day? Is there some
information you have forgotten to include - i.e. number of people?

"Yamorna" wrote:

Is this possible

Date Coach Size
01/03/09 50
02/03/09 15
02/03/09 22
03/03/09 28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.
--
Yamorna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming the dates are located at A1 to A4; the cell where you key in the
'date of interest' is A10. The formula shall then be:

=COUNTIF(A1:A4,A10)

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Yamorna wrote:
Is this possible

Date Coach Size
01/03/09 50
02/03/09 15
02/03/09 22
03/03/09 28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, it worked.
--
Yamorna

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

In column C cell C2 put a formula =COUNTIF(A:A,A2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Yamorna" wrote:

Is this possible

Date Coach Size
01/03/09 50
02/03/09 15
02/03/09 22
03/03/09 28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.
--
Yamorna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello

I have a spreadsheet for coaches booked with the following info;

Date Type of Coach
01/03/09 50 (Big coach)
02/03/09 15 (Sprinter)
02/03/09 22 (Mini)
03/03/09 28 (Medium)

I want to draw up a spread sheet that can give me the following info;

On 01/03/09 how many "Big" coaches are booked, how many "Sprinters" are
booked, how many "Mini" coaches are booked and how many "Medium" coaches are
booked. The same for 02/03/09 and 03/03/09. The amount of people or seats
doesn't matter. I need to know that if I have 10 coaches booked today, 10
tommorrow and 10 the day after, how many of each variety of coach is booked
per day.
Yamorna

"mrpleasant" wrote:

Hi

How do we know how many coaches are needed for each day? Is there some
information you have forgotten to include - i.e. number of people?

"Yamorna" wrote:

Is this possible

Date Coach Size
01/03/09 50
02/03/09 15
02/03/09 22
03/03/09 28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.
--
Yamorna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose that data is in columns A to C, with the top row used for
headings. Put these headings in (for example) E1:I1:

Date | Big Coach | Sprinter | Mini | Medium

then in E2 downwards you can list the dates you are interested in, and
in F2 you can put this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$100=$E2)*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(F$1 ,$C$2:$C$100))))

Ensure that the ranges cover your data (I've assumed you have 100
rows). Copy the formula across to G2:I2, then copy the formulae in
F2:I2 down as far as you need, then you will have a little table
showing you how many coaches of each type you will need for each day.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 27, 11:34*am, Yamorna
wrote:
Hello

I have a spreadsheet for coaches booked with the following info;

Date * * * * * * * Type of Coach * * *

"mrpleasant" wrote:
Hi

How do we know how many coaches are needed for each day? Is there some
information you have forgotten to include - i.e. number of people?

"Yamorna" wrote:

Is this possible

Date * * * * * *Coach Size * * * * * * * * * * *
01/03/09 * * *50 * * *
02/03/09 * * *15
02/03/09 * * *22
03/03/09 * * *28

I would like to calculate how many coaches are booked for a certain date.
The number reflected under Coach size is the actual seats in the coach so
won't form part of the equation but on 01/03/09 - 1 coach is needed, on
02/03/09 2 coaches are needed.

Hope someone can help.
--
Yamorna- Hide quoted text -