Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Rounding value in place

Is there a way to round a value in place? I have an Excel spreadsheet with
values already entered into their respective cells. Now I would like to
round these values down to the nearest millions, i.e.

A4=815,000,001

I would like A4 now to display 815,000,000

Is there a way?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think that you will need to use a helper column. Insert a temporary column
beside the numbers and use the following formula example:-

=MROUND(A4,1000000)

Copy the formula down for the length of the data.

Select and Copy the helper column then Select the original data column and
then Paste Special - Values. You can then delete the helper column.

OssieMac

"Bagia" wrote:

Is there a way to round a value in place? I have an Excel spreadsheet with
values already entered into their respective cells. Now I would like to
round these values down to the nearest millions, i.e.

A4=815,000,001

I would like A4 now to display 815,000,000

Is there a way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

If I understand the question correctly, a sub is needed.

Example:
Sub round2mill()
Range("A1").Formula = Application.WorksheetFunction.Round(Range
("A1").Value, -6)

Bernd