Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Rounding value in place

I think that you will need to use a helper column. Insert a temporary column
beside the numbers and use the following formula example:-

=MROUND(A4,1000000)

Copy the formula down for the length of the data.

Select and Copy the helper column then Select the original data column and
then Paste Special - Values. You can then delete the helper column.

OssieMac

"Bagia" wrote:

Is there a way to round a value in place? I have an Excel spreadsheet with
values already entered into their respective cells. Now I would like to
round these values down to the nearest millions, i.e.

A4=815,000,001

I would like A4 now to display 815,000,000

Is there a way?