Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculating only weekdays

I need to enter the date for weekdays only across columns in numerous
worksheets. How can i get the dates for monday thru fridays only stating
with the date in B1?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter the first date in B1. This must be a Monday thru Friday date.

Enter this formula in C1 and copy across as needed:

=B1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(B1),0,1,1,1,1,3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sinkguy1" wrote in message
I need to enter the date for weekdays only across columns in numerous
worksheets. How can i get the dates for monday thru fridays only stating
with the date in B1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With your first date in A1 enter this in B1 and copy across columns...
Excel 2007
=WORKDAY(A1,1)

Excel 2003
=IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1,2)<6,A1+1,A1+3)

"Sinkguy1" wrote:

I need to enter the date for weekdays only across columns in numerous
worksheets. How can i get the dates for monday thru fridays only stating
with the date in B1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yeah, I didn't even think of using WORKDAY.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sinkguy1" wrote in message
I need to enter the date for weekdays only across columns in numerous
worksheets. How can i get the dates for monday thru fridays only
stating
with the date in B1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Enter the first date in cell B1. Now drag down (a couple of rows) the fill
handle at the lower right corner of cell B1 and then release it. You will
see a "Auto Fills Option" box. Click on it, and there will be an option for
weekdays. This assumes Mon-Fri as weekdays.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com