Jeff

Default Weekdays

Hello,

I have in column "A" row "10" the date as follow: 15-Feb-05.
It is possible to get in column "B" row "10" the day of the week as follow:
Monday ?

Roger Govier

Hi Jeff

Try putting in B10
=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A10),"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday"," Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday")

However, you may find that it is a Tuesday, rather than a Monday - at least
in the UK!!!

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Jeff" wrote in message
Hello,

I have in column "A" row "10" the date as follow: 15-Feb-05.
It is possible to get in column "B" row "10" the day of the week as
follow:
Monday ?

CyberTaz

Jeff-

One way is to use the WEEKDAY() function and apply a custom format to the
cells using dddd for full spelling, ddd for 3-char. abbreviations.

Hope this is helpful |:)

"Jeff" wrote:

Hello,

I have in column "A" row "10" the date as follow: 15-Feb-05.
It is possible to get in column "B" row "10" the day of the week as follow:
Monday ?

Peo Sjoblom

It's not possible since the 15th is a Tuesday <g You can either directly
link to the cell

=A10

and use a custom format like dddd

or use the text function

=TEXT(A10,"dddd")

Peo Sjoblom

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hello,

I have in column "A" row "10" the date as follow: 15-Feb-05.
It is possible to get in column "B" row "10" the day of the week as

follow:
Monday ?

JE McGimpsey

No need for a worksheet function, just use

B10: =A10

and format it with Format/Cells/Number/Custom dddd

In article ,
"CyberTaz" wrote:

One way is to use the WEEKDAY() function and apply a custom format to the
cells using dddd for full spelling, ddd for 3-char. abbreviations.

David Biddulph

"Jeff" wrote in message

I have in column "A" row "10" the date as follow: 15-Feb-05.
It is possible to get in column "B" row "10" the day of the week as

follow:
Monday ?

=TEXT(A10,"ddddd") will give you Tuesday

If you really want Monday (i.e. the day before the date you supplied) you
may need to do something like:
=TEXT(A10-1,"ddddd")
--
David Biddulph

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could just include the date and day in A10:

Format|cells|number tab|custom
type:
dd-mmm-yy* dddd

If you expand the column width, you'll see how that "* " works.