Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can i add a header to my table?

Hi all,

I want to add a header to my table of data. And by header, I mean it
is a line of characters or number or several lines of characters or
number. But excel does not count it as a line of data. The start line
of data, which is the line numbered "1" starts from the real data. I
think excel should be able to do this. Please tell me how if you know.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Select the cells in the row; just above your table of data. If you dont have
a free row insert one to top. Check Merge Cells from (Menu
'Format'|'Alignment') and click OK. You can then type in the header text and
fill that with a color of your own choice.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Any header you place will encompass a row or rows and Excel will count it as
a row or rows of data.

You cannot create a header above row 1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP