Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using formulas to count tick boxes or radio buttons

I am sending out a questionnaire to a number of offices and would like to
make it multiple choice and provide tick-boxes or radio buttons. I have been
looking for a formula to verify the "true" condition if ticked and "false" if
not; I cannot find a formula or logical function that will allow me to do
this. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'd have to link the checkbox or option button to a cell. Option buttons
return an index number to the linked cell while checkboxes return either
TRUE ot FALSE.

Then you'd do a COUNTIF:

For checkboxes:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,TRUE)
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,FALSE)

For option buttons:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,1)
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,2)
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frank Sheeran" wrote in message
I am sending out a questionnaire to a number of offices and would like to
make it multiple choice and provide tick-boxes or radio buttons. I have
been
looking for a formula to verify the "true" condition if ticked and "false"
if
not; I cannot find a formula or logical function that will allow me to do
this. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default That helps.

Thanks; that partly answer the question - that's what I tried but got no
value returned as the True\False were not being read. Now I need to know how
to link the tick box to the cell.

Thanks

Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For checkboxes from the Forms toolbar...

Right click on the checkbox
Select Format Control
On the Control tabCell link
Enter the cell address: =A1

Follow the same method for option buttons.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frank Sheeran" wrote in message
Thanks; that partly answer the question - that's what I tried but got no
value returned as the True\False were not being read. Now I need to know
how
to link the tick box to the cell.

Thanks

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excellent

Thank you; I had to do it in the properties box though, but achieved the same
result.

Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I had to do it in the properties box

Ok, then you're using checkboxes from the Control Toolbox.

Good luck!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP