Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Using formulas to count tick boxes or radio buttons

You'd have to link the checkbox or option button to a cell. Option buttons
return an index number to the linked cell while checkboxes return either
TRUE ot FALSE.

Then you'd do a COUNTIF:

For checkboxes:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,TRUE)
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,FALSE)

For option buttons:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,1)
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,2)
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frank Sheeran" wrote in message
I am sending out a questionnaire to a number of offices and would like to
make it multiple choice and provide tick-boxes or radio buttons. I have
been
looking for a formula to verify the "true" condition if ticked and "false"
if
not; I cannot find a formula or logical function that will allow me to do
this. Any ideas?