Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function to count clock reaching 24 hours

I am in the process of making a dive chart to monitor that amount of time
spent in the water etc and am in need of help. I have my time spent being
summed up in one cell but need to put another function in another cell to
count the clock reaching 24 hours each time. The sum itself reverts back to
zero once 24 is reached but I need to count each time it reached 24. Any
ideas???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format the cell as [h]:mm

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Veronica" wrote in message
I am in the process of making a dive chart to monitor that amount of time
spent in the water etc and am in need of help. I have my time spent being
summed up in one cell but need to put another function in another cell to
count the clock reaching 24 hours each time. The sum itself reverts back
zero once 24 is reached but I need to count each time it reached 24. Any
ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are adding up time in Cell A1 and format the cell as a number then the
integer part of the value will give you number of times it has reached 24

If you don't want to disturb Aq then enter this in B1
=INT(A) and format as a number...

Excel stores time in fractions with 1 corresponding to 24 hours... so if you
enter decimal 0.5 and format it as time (hh:mm) you will get 12:00

"Veronica" wrote:

I am in the process of making a dive chart to monitor that amount of time
spent in the water etc and am in need of help. I have my time spent being
summed up in one cell but need to put another function in another cell to
count the clock reaching 24 hours each time. The sum itself reverts back to
zero once 24 is reached but I need to count each time it reached 24. Any
ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If your cell that totals the hours is in A1 then format A1 to the custom
format D - choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom and enter d in the Type
box.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire