Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup and find all to sum results in another column

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Do you mean this

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5=E2)*(C2:C5))

Mike

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To see how to get multiple returns from a lookup:

However, in your case, all you want is the sum. Consider using the
SUMPRODUCT() function instead. Perhaps something like:

=SUMPRODUCT((C2:C5=E2)*(C2:C5))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200839

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would be better off using SUMPRODUCT, its an array formula but you
don't have to commit it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, for a detailed and well
explained tutorial check out Bob Phillips site

Spheon;269698 Wrote:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the
result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in
range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and
getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75209

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(Invoices!A:A=A22,Invoices!G:G)
doesn't work

I am in worksheet B that looks up a project number in column A of worksheet
A against the same match in column A of invoice schedule worksheet A then
when it the contents match in whole column of worksheetb column A it adds ALL
the contects of WSB column G, but not first find , all of the matches. I have
several invoices issued under a project number.

WSB
A B G
proj nr - invoice nr - ,,,,, £3000 (sum invoiced)

WSA
A H
proj nr,,,,,,, total invoiced <<<this formula reqd that looks up
same proj number as wsa in column wsbA and gives me total of where matches of
wsbG

not sure if that explains it I am not too technical, sorry, thanks for help!

sph

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Do you mean this

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5=E2)*(C2:C5))

Mike

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Well that bears no resembelance to the formula I gave you, try this

=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!A1:A1000=A22)*(Invoices!G1:G 1000))

Note that unless your using Excel 2007 you can't use full columns in
Sumproduct

Mike

"Spheon" wrote:

[...]

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Do you mean this

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5=E2)*(C2:C5))

Mike

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

BRILLIANT :) I have got 2007, did have to do range though A5: etc as first
few rows are headers.....but worked!

thank you so much, easy when you know how eh!

appreciated, you have saved my hair becoming a bald patch!

:)

"Spheon" wrote:

[...]

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Do you mean this

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5=E2)*(C2:C5))

Mike

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!A5:A1000=A22)*(Invoices!G5:G 1000))

one final thing, how can i enter this formula in the spreadsheet so I can
drag it where the A22 only changes relative to the cell ie

=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!A5:A1000=A2)*(Invoices!G5:G1 000))
=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!A5:A1000=A3)*(Invoices!G5:G1 000))
=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!A5:A1000=A4)*(Invoices!G5:G1 000))
etc when I drag all the change to this
=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!A6:A1001=A23)*(Invoices!G6:G 1001))

:(

thanks again

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Like this:
=SUMPRODUCT((Invoices!$A$5:$A$1000=A22)*(Invoices! $G$5:$G$1000))

But i don't think it will serve as you expect!

"Spheon" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP( E2,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE))

Hi I have managed to get this formula to work but I dont want the

result to
end at the first find, I want to find all that are the same as E2 in

range to
sum all in column 3.

Is this possible, I dont really want to create a pivot table and

getdata
etc, surely there is a way but I am scratching my head :(

thanks in advance

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75209

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

You can use my UDF Sfreq and get rid of all maintenance because new
project numbers will be shown automatically if you choose your output
area large enough:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/sfreq.html

Regards,
Bernd