Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
eve eve is offline

Default Excel

I am creating a worksheet in which I need to have a series of three circles
of the same shape and size beside the text I am using, as sort of a multiple
choice checklist. I have inserted the three circles into each individual
cell, but instead of trying feverishly to line them up as best as I can by
dragging them to the ideal destination, I would like to format them somehow
to line up perfectly with each set below the previous one in each row. I hope
that makes sense......HELP !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Eve,

Ensure the Drawing toolbar is visible using

View|Toolbars - Drawing

Click one of your shapes and drag it where you want it and then while
holding down the CTRL key click other that you want to align to select them
all. Then on the drawing toolbar click the small down arrow anf then

Align or distribute - Align left and your shapes will all line up perfectly.

Mike

"eve" wrote:

I am creating a worksheet in which I need to have a series of three circles
of the same shape and size beside the text I am using, as sort of a multiple
choice checklist. I have inserted the three circles into each individual
cell, but instead of trying feverishly to line them up as best as I can by
dragging them to the ideal destination, I would like to format them somehow
to line up perfectly with each set below the previous one in each row. I hope
that makes sense......HELP !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
eve eve is offline

Hi Mike,

thanks for replying. however I can't find Drawing anywhere, even in View. I
must confess i'm a bit of an Excel virgin LOL. What now?

Eve

"eve" wrote:

I am creating a worksheet in which I need to have a series of three circles
of the same shape and size beside the text I am using, as sort of a multiple
choice checklist. I have inserted the three circles into each individual
cell, but instead of trying feverishly to line them up as best as I can by
dragging them to the ideal destination, I would like to format them somehow
to line up perfectly with each set below the previous one in each row. I hope
that makes sense......HELP !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I assume your on Excel 2003 if so click

View|Toolbars and select the 'Drawing toolbar' which normally appears at the
bottom of the excel window. Select your shapes as I described then look for
the word 'Draw' on the toolbar and to the right of that you'll see a down
arrow. Click it and in the popup click

"eve" wrote:

I am creating a worksheet in which I need to have a series of three circles
of the same shape and size beside the text I am using, as sort of a multiple
choice checklist. I have inserted the three circles into each individual
cell, but instead of trying feverishly to line them up as best as I can by
dragging them to the ideal destination, I would like to format them somehow
to line up perfectly with each set below the previous one in each row. I hope
that makes sense......HELP !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
eve eve is offline

I apologize, I should have specified that I am using Excel 2007 .There is a
View tab, but no drawing feature.

"eve" wrote:

I am creating a worksheet in which I need to have a series of three circles
of the same shape and size beside the text I am using, as sort of a multiple
choice checklist. I have inserted the three circles into each individual
cell, but instead of trying feverishly to line them up as best as I can by
dragging them to the ideal destination, I would like to format them somehow
to line up perfectly with each set below the previous one in each row. I hope
that makes sense......HELP !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

InsertIllustrations CategoryShapes

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP