Gman

Default How do I use VLOOKUP to search for text?

I have 3 worksheets with information. Sheet one has names in code (text) and
sheet 2 has the code and the name. I am trying to use LOOKUP to place the
names on sheet 3 instead of the code.
CLR

Assuming your coded names are in column A of Sheet1, and your coded names
are also in column A of sheet2 and your real names are in column B of sheet
2, then put this formula in A1 of Sheet3 and copy down.........

=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!$A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3