Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default rows and columns

how do I quickly convert rows to columns
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you mean "row data" into "columnar data", highlight the row of data,
select COPY, click on the target cell then EDIT PASTE SPECIAL Transpose
OK.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

how do I quickly convert rows to columns

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you data is in range C5:C9 and you want to transpose this to F5:J5, you
can use the transpose() array formula. Highlight F5:J5 and type
=transpose(C5:C9) and now press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"upolu" wrote in message
how do I quickly convert rows to columns

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can also use a combination of some of the following functions: OFFSET,
INDEX, INDIRECT. But details would depend on details of your data.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire