-   -   rows and columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/223847-rows-columns.html)

upolu

rows and columns

how do I quickly convert rows to columns

JBeaucaire[_90_]

rows and columns

If you mean "row data" into "columnar data", highlight the row of data,
select COPY, click on the target cell then EDIT PASTE SPECIAL Transpose
OK.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"upolu" wrote:

how do I quickly convert rows to columns

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

rows and columns

Hi,

If you data is in range C5:C9 and you want to transpose this to F5:J5, you
can use the transpose() array formula. Highlight F5:J5 and type
=transpose(C5:C9) and now press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"upolu" wrote in message
how do I quickly convert rows to columns

Shane Devenshire

rows and columns

Hi,

You can also use a combination of some of the following functions: OFFSET,
INDEX, INDIRECT. But details would depend on details of your data.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire