Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Then Formula Question

I am pulling date into a cell and I want to use an IF statement to change the
date being brought back only if has a certain value.
For Example:

If(A2=0, "X") but if A2 is not equal to 0, I want it to bring back the
value of A2.
So if A2 is equal to 496, it should bring back 496. If A2 is equal to 0, it
should bring back X.

How do I speicfy this?