Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Question

I have a bunch of if formulas in a column that read if the condition is true
then .25 if its false then "n/a".
Is there a way for me to enter in a formula at the end of this column that
reads all these formulas and says if any of them is "N/A" then "Error" if not
sum them all up?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look into isna it returns whether a cell contains that error. It might be
best to put into each formula to ensure they are all numbers if applicable,
just a quick example
=IF(ISNA(B6),0,B6)

-John
is helpful.

"ynissel" wrote in message
I have a bunch of if formulas in a column that read if the condition is
true
then .25 if its false then "n/a".
Is there a way for me to enter in a formula at the end of this column that
reads all these formulas and says if any of them is "N/A" then "Error" if
not
sum them all up?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

its not an NA error its like this if(a1=10,5,"N/A")
So the N/A is text that is an answer of the if statement. The ISNA seems to
only work if the result of the formula is an NA error. Am I making sense?
Is there a way around this?
Thanks