Old March 9th 09, 08:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Greater than AND Less than Time Q

How could I construct a formula that checks if the Current Time is
Greater than 7:00pm and Less than 12:00am

Old March 9th 09, 09:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

12:00am meaning midnight?

Try this:

=IF(TIME(A1)19/24,"yes","no")

No need to test for the other condition.

But, if you were interested in, say, times greater than 7:00pm and
times less than 10:00pm, then you would have this:

=IF(AND(TIME(A1)19/24,TIME(A1)<22/24),"yes","no")

Note the use of the 24-hour clock.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old March 9th 09, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Seanie,

Assuming you have the current time in cell A1, write 7:00:00 PM in B1 and
11:59:59 PM in B2. After entering, both of them will appear as
19:00
23:59, respectively,

Now apply the following formula.

=IF(AND(A1B1,A1<B2),"Yes","No")