Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Avoid #div/0!

Hi !

I want enter a sumproduct formula involving three ranges. However if any of
the range does not have a value the formula returns a #div/0! value. I want
to avoid that. Pl help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Harsh Bahal;258166 Wrote:
Hi !

I want enter a sumproduct formula involving three ranges. However if
any of
the range does not have a value the formula returns a #div/0! value. I
want
to avoid that. Pl help.

I don't see how a sumproduct function could cause a #div/0! error?
Is there something in your formula where a division is involved?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=72081

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose col A1 to A5 is rate, Col B1 to B5 is cases and col C1 to C5 case
weight.In cell C6 i have entered a formula
=(SUMPRODUCT(B1:B5,A1:A5)/(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5)))

to get the per kilogram ( or pound) rate. Which does give the correct
answer, but if there are no figures entered in col A,B or C then the formula
returns #div/0!, which is i want avoid. I am working on 100 rows like this.

"Harsh Bahal" wrote:

Hi !

I want enter a sumproduct formula involving three ranges. However if any of
the range does not have a value the formula returns a #div/0! value. I want
to avoid that. Pl help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could do this

=IF(ISERROR(SUMPRODUCT(B1:B5,A1:A5)/(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5))),"Incomplete
Data",SUMPRODUCT(B1:B5,A1:A5)/(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5)))

Mike

"Harsh Bahal" wrote:

Hi !

I want enter a sumproduct formula involving three ranges. However if any of
the range does not have a value the formula returns a #div/0! value. I want
to avoid that. Pl help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes it did work Thanks a ton.
I forgot to mention that this formula is again multiplied by a constant
(cell reference), which I have done.

"Harsh Bahal" wrote:

Hi !

I want enter a sumproduct formula involving three ranges. However if any of
the range does not have a value the formula returns a #div/0! value. I want
to avoid that. Pl help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Harsh Bahal" wrote:

Hi !

I want enter a sumproduct formula involving three ranges. However

if any of
the range does not have a value the formula returns a #div/0!

value. I want
to avoid that. Pl help.

It is the division that returns the error, not the function, then.

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=72081

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=(SUMPRODUCT(B1:B5,A1:A5)/(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5)))

If you get a #DIV/0! error it's because this portion evaluates to 0:

SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5)

Try this:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5),SUMPRODUCT(B1:B5,A1: A5)/(SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,$C1:$C5),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP