Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I avoid getting this: © in spreadsheet when I want this (c

It's probably very simple, but I cannot keep the spreadsheet from converting
this: © to this (c).

Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

go into Word (that's right, Word) Format / Auto Format / Options /
AutoCorrect / delete the first one on the list.

"Chris" wrote:

It's probably very simple, but I cannot keep the spreadsheet from converting
this: © to this (c).

Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Goto TOOLS then AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS

Either uncheck the "Replace text as you type" option, or find the (c) entry
and delete it.

HTH,
Elkar

"Chris" wrote:

It's probably very simple, but I cannot keep the spreadsheet from converting
this: © to this (c).

Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean converting © to this (c), or do you really mean (c) to © , which
is a much more common situation?
Either way, I would look at Tools/ AutoCorrect Options.
--
David Biddulph

"Chris" wrote in message
It's probably very simple, but I cannot keep the spreadsheet from
converting
this: © to this (c).

Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another option if you don't wish to delete the entry is the following...
After typing (c), and it switches to © , if you hit Ctrl +Z, it will undo
the conversion.

--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & Office 2007

"Chris" wrote in message
Got it. Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If you go to ToolsAutocorrect, you will see that (c) is 'corrected' to ©
there, just delete that entry.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Chris" wrote in message
It's probably very simple, but I cannot keep the spreadsheet from
converting
this: © to this (c).

Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It undoes the input for me Dana.

--
HTH

Bob

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
Another option if you don't wish to delete the entry is the following...
After typing (c), and it switches to © , if you hit Ctrl +Z, it will undo
the conversion.

--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & Office 2007