Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I can't get the lower margin to zero in Excel

I have written an extensive spreadsheet that requires the Margins to be set
at zero all the way around. In Excel 2003 the margins work fine, however my
laptop uses Excel 07 and the lower margin is set at zero ,but the margin
remains at .50 despite the settings at 0. I have even tried using the
spreadsheet in the 97-2003 versions but the lower margin will not adjust. I
need to get this problem fixed soon because the spreadsheet needs to be ready
by next weekend and that is my only glitch. Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jaf jaf is offline

Hi,
The MIN margin is governed by the print driver.
Are you using the same printer from both computers?
Different o/s would use different drivers.

John

"Steeltipper" wrote in message ...
I have written an extensive spreadsheet that requires the Margins to be set
at zero all the way around. In Excel 2003 the margins work fine, however my
laptop uses Excel 07 and the lower margin is set at zero ,but the margin
remains at .50 despite the settings at 0. I have even tried using the
spreadsheet in the 97-2003 versions but the lower margin will not adjust. I
need to get this problem fixed soon because the spreadsheet needs to be ready
by next weekend and that is my only glitch. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are 2 differet printers. The Printer that correctly adjust the Margins
is HP and the printer that does not is a Lexmark. Is there a way to adjust
the lexmark because that is the printer that i amusing for my Presentation
"jaf" wrote:

Hi,
The MIN margin is governed by the print driver.
Are you using the same printer from both computers?
Different o/s would use different drivers.

John

"Steeltipper" wrote in message ...
I have written an extensive spreadsheet that requires the Margins to be set
at zero all the way around. In Excel 2003 the margins work fine, however my
laptop uses Excel 07 and the lower margin is set at zero ,but the margin
remains at .50 despite the settings at 0. I have even tried using the
spreadsheet in the 97-2003 versions but the lower margin will not adjust. I
need to get this problem fixed soon because the spreadsheet needs to be ready
by next weekend and that is my only glitch. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many(most) printers reserve some white space.

Your printer manual may give you an option to change but I doubt it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP