Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to calculate # of days

If I have an admission date and a discharge date, how can I write a formula
to calculate the number of days between the two dates?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

weird, i should have just tried discharge - admission date. works fine.

"Jonathan" wrote:

If I have an admission date and a discharge date, how can I write a formula
to calculate the number of days between the two dates?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:06:05 -0800, Jonathan
wrote:

If I have an admission date and a discharge date, how can I write a formula
to calculate the number of days between the two dates?

With your two dates in cells A1 and B1 the following formula gives the
number of days:

=B1-A1

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not weird at all.

Serial number of Discharge date is greater than serial number of Admission
date.

March 4, 2009 serial is 39876

February 4, 2009 serial is 39848

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP