Bel

Default HOW TO CALCULATE THE DAYS?

i tried to write the formula to calculate the days.
A14(starting) B14 (ending) days including starting & ending
1/30/2005 02/01/2005 =DAYS360(A14,B14)+1
but I just can get 2 days. In fact it should be 3 days. I found that if
there is 31 days
in the month, the case will be like this. I tried to change the days360 to
days363 in formula. But I am not allowed. tks in advance
Sue
JudithJubilee

Hello there,

You do not actually need the Date360 function if you are
using just regular years.

You just need to find the difference between the two
dates and format the result to be a regular number:

A14 - 01/30/2005
B14 - 02/01/2005
C14 - B14-A14

This will give you a date in return.
Format this to be a regular number. Shortcut to this is:
Select the cell and Ctrl + Shift + #

Hope this helps

Judith

i tried to write the formula to calculate the days.
A14(starting) B14 (ending) days

including starting & ending
1/30/2005 02/01/2005 =DAYS360

(A14,B14)+1
but I just can get 2 days. In fact it should be 3 days.

I found that if
there is 31 days
in the month, the case will be like this. I tried to

change the days360 to
days363 in formula. But I am not allowed. tks in advance
Sue
.

Myrna Larson

DAYS360 is a specialized function used primarily in the financial world for
calculating intervals related to bond purchases and accrued interest, etc. You
cannot modify how it works.

As you will find in Help, "Returns the number of days between two dates based
on a 360-day year (twelve 30-day months), which is used in some accounting
calculations. Use this function to help compute payments if your accounting
system is based on twelve 30-day months."

As others have responded, to determine the number of calendar days between two
dates, you just subtract them. Add 1 to make the calculation inclusive on BOTH
ends.