Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default function stumped

Want to have on a given date add an amount to a cell. When I use date to get
amount. After date changes amount in given cell goes away.
=IF((L4=2),123) puts 123 into m4 only on day then its gone.
L4 is day of date
Final is to have 123 added into another cell on date each month this is a
monthly expendure.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say we want to add 123 each time we pass the 15th of the month.
Let's us a small table, A1 thru A12
In A1 enter:
=IF(TODAY()DATE(2009,ROW(),15),123,0) and copy down thru A12
Today we see:
123
123
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
we get 123 for January and February, but not yet March because today is
before the 15th.

In anoth cell enter:
=SUM(A1:A12) This is the value you need.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200836

"Curt" wrote:

Want to have on a given date add an amount to a cell. When I use date to get
amount. After date changes amount in given cell goes away.
=IF((L4=2),123) puts 123 into m4 only on day then its gone.
L4 is day of date
Final is to have 123 added into another cell on date each month this is a
monthly expendure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you want but maybe return "" if L4 not equal to 2?

=IF(L4=2,123,"")

To add 123 into another cell, the other cell would also have a similar
formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:58:10 -0800, Curt
wrote:

Want to have on a given date add an amount to a cell. When I use date to get
amount. After date changes amount in given cell goes away.
=IF((L4=2),123) puts 123 into m4 only on day then its gone.
L4 is day of date
Final is to have 123 added into another cell on date each month this is a
monthly expendure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Google Groups:

http://tinyurl.com/d92fed