DWilliams

Default Help with Dates!

How do i automatically enter a date that does not change everyday like it
does with the now() function?
--
DW
Chip Pearson

You can enter the date with CTRL+<semi-colon . It will not
update.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"DWilliams" wrote in
message
How do i automatically enter a date that does not change
everyday like it
does with the now() function?
--
DW

DWilliams

Thanks Chip for your response. My problems is i have my student file set up
to where it automatically enters a test score date once the test score is
entered. however i have discovered the dates change every time i reopen the
worksheet the following day the formula is:
=IF(P25="","",NOW())
is there a way to have the date automatically enter and not change?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can enter the date with CTRL+<semi-colon . It will not
update.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"DWilliams" wrote in
message
How do i automatically enter a date that does not change
everyday like it
does with the now() function?
--
DW

Harald Staff

Yes, with a simple macro. Rightclick the sheet tab, choose "view code",
paste this in the

If Target.Address < "$C$1" Then Range("C1").Value = Now
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"DWilliams" skrev i melding

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can enter the date with CTRL+<semi-colon . It will not
update.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"DWilliams" wrote in
message
How do i automatically enter a date that does not change
everyday like it
does with the now() function?
--
DW

Bob Phillips

Sounds that you need event code

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("P1:P100")) Is Nothing Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm,yyyy")
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH